Wednesday, August 29, 2007

nature's beauty


Petworth, on Upper Lake Road, Nuwera Eliya, the house now used as a holiday home for anglican clergy. The gardens wild but immaculately maintained, about 3 acres in extent is sorrounded by the Galway Forest so there is privacy for the house and the Lake Gregory can be seen through the tall wooded trees lining the periphery.




A few days in Nuwera Eliya was a breadth of fresh air literally to charge one's batteries after feeling like being on a treadmill on a seven day cycle, that I am currently in. I am growing, picking, packing, transportig and finally selling my produce direct to my customers.I have to start this cycle all over again.

It was cold and the weather was quite unpredictable, one moment beautiful and sunny and the next drizzle and rain. I liked the change though I wish I had brought more warm clothing. Nevertheless it is a place one can relax in and go for long walks,which I did without feeling sweaty or tired in the least.

The wildflowers are always a beautiful sight,and above are some I photographed in the grounds of Petworth an old property that is furnished as if it is in a time warp. Just as the last owner left it to the Anglican Church in the 1940's I think.

No comments: