Thursday, June 28, 2007

mahavilachchiya

I have been looking at Mahavilachchiya the e-village in the jungle, the website being www.mahavilachchiya.wordpress.com This is the sort of pioneering project we should learn from. I have been scouring the web to find out more about the actual results, or the current status of the various projects. I have not been too successful at getting the information I want.I have also looked at the websites of the students in the project, but I perceive they have been largely written by the teachers as the level of English is still far below that which is basically required.

I have recently had the experience of teaching English to small kids, and have found it very difficult to get them to learn and make an effort. It seems very hard as there is no mechanism at home for them to try out what they learn and therefore when they come to class the next time, its as if they have learnt nothing. It is also quite possible that the technique I use is poor. Nevertheless it is very important to get feedback from the volunteers who are well intentioned in this project, so we can learn from them and try to do any future projects of this nature in an improved way.

Please help me with this enquiry

No comments: