Thursday, June 28, 2007

time

Time is the most important thing we have and how we manage it determines in part the quality of our lives. Someone told me today, that he wanted to kill time. I felt that it was an indictment of our times, where people sometimes don't know what to do with the time they have. I know people who will kill to get more time, I forgot to tell this fellow that.

In the past in primitive cultures, time was efficiently used, and now in our developed! culture there are people who want to kill it! I see how different people use their time in my environment. I see some men who are completely inebriated every evening with moonshine who are not just a nuisance to themselves but to their spouses who are abused and spat at and scolded.I presume they don't know what to do with their time so they get drunk.

In this age of TV where in developed and poor countries alike there is a very high degree of TV watching, that's what happens to time. If we are happy and we get our entertainment from that I guess that's fine.

I used to think I did not have time for anything. It was a big curse as I was always rushing from one to another wishing there were more than 24 hours in a day.Now I work longer hours than I ever have in my life, but I appear to have more time on my hands than before.It is strange, but I now don't do a lot of things I did before and therefore I am more free.

I used to subscribe to over 80 magazines a month when lived in the US. I felt I should at least read the articles of interest but I never had time to finish them. The lesson is that we must be realistic and balanced and be aware that we cannot do everything we want.

No comments: